Sunday, October 14, 2007

Terra Nova blogs the Entrepreneur's Guide to Second Life

So, okay...I'm a little behind.

But I just discovered that Dan Hunter, one of the smartest folks studying virtual worlds and their economies, blogged my book earlier this month.

Hunter is one of the co-founders of Terra Nova, without question the leading blog when it comes to examining what virtual worlds really mean. So to see the reference to the book, The Entrepreneur's Guide to Second Life which will be out next month, on Terra Nova, well...it was a thrill.

He also noted that there are a bunch of other Second Life books coming out in the next few weeks and months, including the Dummies Guide to Second Life, which is also being put out by my publisher, Wiley.

That's something I've been thinking about: Will the rush of new SL books mean another big influx of users and media interest? I obviously hope so. But it's going to be an interesting dynamic. One thing is definitely for sure, though: As a reader, you're going to have a lot of choice when it comes to deciding what you want to read about SL.

No comments: