Wednesday, October 10, 2007

At Virtual Worlds 2007 today and tomorrow

I'm down in San Jose today and tomorrow, attending the Virtual Worlds conference.

Mainly, I'm reporting for CNET News.com, but I'm also going to be doing a little bit of promotion for my book, The Entrepreneur's Guide to Second Life. That's going to mean talking it up to as many people as possible--always something a little hard for me.

On a funny note, I ran into Prokofy Neva, who laid into me, this blog and the book a little over a week ago.

Prok was a lot more friendly in person than on his blog, which was nice. But he has promised to take a very close look at the book (presumably with a critical eye) when it comes out at the beginning of November. Fair enough. I can take constructive criticism. But I'm pretty confident that notwithstanding Prok's natural skepticism, the book will stand up to scrutiny and help a lot of people figure out how to use Second Life to earn some money.

Anyway, I will report anything interesting I find here at the conference, both on this blog, and on CNET News.com and my CNET blog, Geek Gestalt.

Stay tuned.

No comments: